Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Meet Miss Ohio USA, Anna Melomud

One of the biggest differences between Miss Ohio and Miss Ohio USA is local preliminary pageants. To get to Miss Ohio you must first win a local crown; to compete in Miss Ohio USA, on the other hand, you must simply apply, be accepted and pay. Since Miss Ohio USA is only three days long, has over 80 contestants and there are no prelims to get there… you don’t exactly get to know many of your fellow competitors, nor does the audience.

But, with Miss USA about a month away, the official website has published interviews with each state contestant, so we can finally get to know Miss Ohio USA, Anna Melomud. Click here or read below:

What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
I went parasailing while on a family vacation in the Dominican Republic. I am extremely afraid of heights, so it was incredibly exhilarating, and to my own surprise not a bit scary!



Please list any schools and universities you have attended or are attending. What was your area of study? What year did you finish at the school? What degree or certificate, if any, did you receive?.
High School: Richmond Heights High School; Year Completed: 2002 College: Kent State University; Area of Study: Biological Sciences, Pre-Medicine; Year Completed: 2007; Degree: Bachelor of Sciences in Biology, Pre-Medicine


Please list any honors/awards you have received in the past 2 years?
Kent State University Dean's List

Are you currently employed? If so, what is your current occupation?I am currently a full-time student at Kent State Universtiy.


What are your strongest talents?
I believe my strongest talent is my ability to focus. When I am faced with a task, I give my all to make sure I do my best. Surely, this talent comes in handy when staying up late studying for exams!


Name one personal accomplishment (in addition to being a State Titleholder) that makes you especially proud.
One accomplishment that I am extremely proud of is applying to medical schools. I put a lot of hard work and dedication towards preparing for the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). The process was grueling and nerve-racking but very well worth it.


List your hobbies and favorite activities.
Organic, Chemistry, Spending time with my new nephew, Working out, especially Pilates, Cooking, Watching medical shows, Playing with my dog, Meeting new people, Traveling, Reading, Learning about anything medically related

What is the most important thing you want the judges to know about you?
I was born in Ukraine and my family moved to the United States when I was ten years old. I am currently in the process of applying to medical schools where I plan on earning a Doctor of Osteopathy degree and practicing Family Medicine in the future. I am fluent in Russian, which has allowed me to help many doctors with the doctor-patient language barrier that is encountered in medical settings. I also consider myself a bookworm since Organic Chemistry is one of my favorite subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.