Wednesday, March 7, 2007

PKD Bound!

Three years ago I had one of the most amazing and influential experiences of my life at the Pi Kappa Delta National Forensics Conference Tournament. Only myself and two teammates attended, with the hopes of learning from the 80 other schools from around the country. As it turned out, we walked away with three National Championships, one of which I earned. For a time I used this anecdote as my pageant interview introduction because of the confidence it instilled in me.

This morning I’m leaving for this tournament as a coach and judge for our current team. A fellow alumni coach/judge and I have also been working like crazy to establish a PKD Alumni Chapter for BGSU. This weekend on the campus of Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant Michigan we’ll be attending meetings, promoting our candidate for national student council, judging and supporting our team. While I doubt Mount Pleasant will be as appealing as St. Louis was (our first year) and hopefully not as absolutely horrifying of a tourist trap as Gatlinburg was last year, it is nice that it’s only a couple hours away.

I’m told there is free internet access at the hotel, so hopefully my laptop will cooperate and I can blog about this weekend’s Miss Central Ohio pageant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.