Sunday, November 4, 2007

Best of Luck to Miss Maumee Valley, Miss All*American City and Miss Fallen Timbers Tonight!

Last year at this time I gave up my last MAO title, and I had the pleasure of crowning a good friend, Lauren Hogan and a fellow BGSU Falcon, Kristen Haas. They have both been wonderful titleholders and I wish them all the best as they continue on their pageant paths. Kristen has already been crowned Miss North Coast and Lauren will compete for Miss Northwestern Ohio next weekend. [Right: Lauren Hogan, Miss All*American City performs her talent at Miss Ohio.]


Tonight they will each crown a predecessor, as well as a brand new Miss Fallen Timbers! Maumee Valley’s Outstanding Teen, Kellie Kulka, will crown both a Maumee Valley Teen and All*American City Teen. Executive Directors Eric and Linda Wagener’s daughter Betsy is also back in town for the pageant! Many know her from her years of competing. [Right: Kristen Haas, Miss Maumee Valley, performs her talent at Miss Ohio.]


The pageant will begin tonight at 7 p.m. at the Maumee High School Performing Arts Center. Scroll below for the Miss contestants.

I’ll be helping backstage, zipping dresses, tugging linings and putting the kibosh on bitchiness and backhanded compliments! Last night I hung out at Starbucks with
Amy Allen and Ashley Hartman and the night before that I helped a new contestant with talent and interview… it all has me missing pageants a great deal!

I was fortunate to win my last four MAO local titles each on my second try, or local, of the season. That was convenient, but hanging out with Amy and Ashley made me realize the great friendships I missed out on... Enough with the lamenting…

Best of luck to everyone tonigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.