Friday, July 3, 2009

Who doesn't want to watch Miss Texas?

I mean, it's Miss Texas! Don't they come out of the womb with a tiara on their head down there? During the announcement of the Top Whatever of any national pageant I watch with my dad, he keeps saying "where's Miss Texas, where's Miss Texas?" until, almost inevitably, she is called.

Click here to watch their webcast.
It begins at 6 p.m. Central time tonight.

I won't be able to watch it live, but I'm anxious to hear how former Miss America's Outstanding Teen, Meghan Miller, does her first year in the Miss division.

Also, two of their three preliminary swimsuit winners got quite a bit of flack, one for being far to skinny and the other for being too skinny and muscular. I can understand if your opinion is that too many muscles is not feminine enough for a pageant, but I think this woman deserves credit for her amazing fitness! I don't think her arms or legs are body-builder-scary and she's obviously not too skinny or unhealthy; she has to be very health conscience to have those abs! Anyway, here are the Texas prelim winners; in any state I always think it's interesting to see who makes the Top 10 when there are no double prelim winners; it's a pageant pet peeve of mine when people assume all the single prelim winner will automatically make it. Not usually!


[Above left to right: Ashley Melnick, Kathryn Dunn, County Kira Morris, Faith Bates, Adrianna Nelson and Kristen Blair.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.