Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Congrats to Prelim Night One Winners!

Swimsuit: Becky Minger
Miss All*American City

Talent: Nanciann Strosnider
Miss Greater Butler County

The Mansfield News Journal reports that Becky wore a two-piece gold, velvet swimsuit. And:

"She said she worked out three times a week with her dad lifting weights.

“I took the time. I stayed dedicated. I really dedicated that time to keeping myself healthy and getting myself in my best shape, and I plan on staying that way,” she said."

Also from MNJ: "Miss Greater Butler County Nanciann Strosnider won the talent award after singing “Being Alive” from the Tony-award winning musical “Company.”

“We put ‘Happy Days (Are Here Again)’ in the retired files,” an elated Strosnider, 24, said of her trademark song. “This is a song that’s very close to my heart. It’s the last show that I performed with my graduating class at Elon University.

“This being my sixth year at Miss Ohio, it had a lot of sentimental meaning, too.”

*************************************************
For Lou Whitmire's full article, go here: www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20100616/UPDATES01/100616020

These winners were highly predictable, as they both these awards last year. In fact, this is Becky's third state swimsuit win and correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's Nanciann's third state talent award as well!

*Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.