Thursday, May 24, 2007

Welcome to the Blogosphere… Rachel Maris!

Miss Ohio News has updated its information about the Miss Ohio contestants under its “Who Are They?” tab; it was on that site that I realized Miss Buckeye State, Rachel Maris started a blog.



Check it out:
Miss Buckeye State





After her win, I emailed Rachel a few questions, in hopes of publishing a more journalistic post about the pageant she won. Sadly that was promptly followed by the Virginia Tech tragedy: I took a blogging hiatus and never ended up writing what I had wanted to about the Sweeps pageant.

I really appreciate that she took the time to email me back, and so here is her Q & A:


You have won the last pageant you were eligible for; how many did you compete in?How did it feel to have all of your hard work realized?

Over the past three years I have competed in many preliminaries, placing in some and others not at all. With every pageant I learned something new which I tried to apply to the next. Winning Miss Buckeye State was a dream come true.

You are an amazing role model for perseverance, what made you keep going?

One of my favorite quotes kept me going whenever I felt like the odds were against me.. “Victory lies just past the point where most people quit.. never quit.”

What is your favorite part of competing or favorite phase of competition?

My favorite part of competing is that it makes me stay at the top of my game in all areas of competition. I get such a good feeling knowing that I’m prepared. I also love being surrounded by so many amazing young ladies whom all share the same dream.


What are you looking forward to the most about Miss Ohio ?

I’m looking forward to every minute being a new experience, and I want to embrace them and make memories that will last a lifetime.

Get to know Rachel even better by checking out her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.