Thursday, July 26, 2007

Pageant Press: Buckeye crowned Miss Ohio 2007

...[Roberta Camp] participated in her first pageant when she was nine years old. After that, she took a break and got back into pageants as a senior in high school. Her first win, however, did not come until she was a college student.

...As for Camp, she said she has a Facebook profile but nothing to hide.

"I've had that talk with Mom and the Miss Ohio Committee," she said. "I don't have any skeletons in my closet. I think the whole thing with Miss New Jersey was she put herself in situations where people had cameras. I am not a partier, so I think the precaution I'm taking is I'm not putting myself into any situation where my character would be compromised."

"Some of my friends asked me if I would do the 'O-H' and have my Miss Ohio crew yell back at me the 'I-O,' but I don't know how that will play on national television," she said. "I think if maybe I were to win a preliminary award, then I would do it. I would love to show some type of school spirit, even if it's wearing scarlet and gray."

CLICK HERE to read the entire article by Amanda Dolasinksi, published today in The Lantern, OSU’s student paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.