Saturday, October 17, 2009

Right Now: Miss Clayland

The Miss Clayland pageant is currently underway in Uhrichsville! It is not only the oldest Miss Ohio local, but also also has a strong history of success. It lays claim to the reigning Miss Ohio, Erica Gelhaus, last years Karissa Martin, as well as Miss America 1978, Susan Perkins Botsford and 1st Runner-up to Miss America 1985, Melissa Bradley Buchanan. More fun facts can be found on Miss Clayland's lovely new website!

Gelhaus, [seen above in a CWN Photo] will represent Ohio in January at the Miss America pageant. She won Miss Ohio on her third try and studies Voice at Otterbien College. At the pageant tonight she is cohosting with Scott Robinson, director of Tuscarawas County United Way. Clayland is known for E.D., Martha Campbells loud bird call and their high scholarships! Tonight the following six ladies are competing for more than $3,200 in scholarships:



Sherry El Sakr
Education: Graduate of Cleveland State University / Biology
Talent: Piano
Platform: Heart 101: Promoting Heart Healthy Lifestyles in Our Children
Pageant Past: Competed in a couple locals last season as a belly dancer, placing 3rd RU at Miss Mansfield.


Kristy Moneysmith
Education: Ball State University / Speech pathology & Audiology
Talent: Vocal
Platform: Mentoring Through Leadership and Role Modeling
Pageant Past: 1st RU and Swimsuit winner recently at Miss Lima Square Fair. She has competed at Miss Ohio as Miss Mohican Valley 2009 and Miss Chillicothe 2008.


Danielle Henry
Education: Kent State University / Nursing
Talent: Dance
Platform: Being a Cancer Advocate: Speak Up!
Pageant Past: Competed in a handful of locals last year, including Top 10 placement at Miss Muskingum Valley.


Ashley Bowman
Education: Kent State University / Political Science
Talent: Vocal
Platform: Celebrate the Character in You
Pageant Past: Competed recently at Miss Portsmouth.



Samantha Hartings
Education: Coldwater High School
Talent: Dance
Platform: Child Literacy Awareness
Pageant Past: Competed at Miss Ohio Teen USA last year.



Heather Waterman
Education: Graduate of Wright State University / Marketing
Talent: Vocal
Platform: Ready, Set, Motivate
Pageant Past: Preliminary Swimsuit and Non-semifinalist Interview awards at Miss Ohio 2009 as Miss Northwestern Ohio; held the title Miss Lake Festival 2008.

---

On a somewhat related topic, you might be asking, "Abby, what's the deal?" It may seem that I've been neglecting my blogs, but I assure you, it's not entirely by choice. As many of you know, I live in LA now where I've been doing background work as a means of joining SAG, the actor's union. Spending 12 to 15 hours a day on set, plus travel time, does not leave much time for anything else. Last week I was back in Ohio packing up my home there, which finally sold! It was four stressful, tiring days of moving things to storage and relocating my male counterpart and our pets to a temporary location. Yesterday I traveled all morning and afternoon and upon landing I went directly to work until 1 a.m.! So, sorry Miss Clayland, you didn't get proper promotion.

Blogging used to be my mindless hobby and the way I'd decompress, but I just don't have much time for it anymore. Meaning, I need your help more than ever! I greatly appreciate when contestants and parents send me updated information and pictures and when E.D.s send me dates and details for your pageants! Please, help me help you! :) Don't hesitate to send a reminder if I seem to forget to post something.

Also, if anyone has found a good blogger ap for iPhone, let me know. ShoZu simply does not work, BlogPressLite won't let me past the Picasa set up and blogging via text is an insufficient option.

Oh, and of course, someone comment or something when you hear the results of Miss Clayland! :) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.