Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Miss Fallen Timbers Raises Money for CMN During IHOP's National Pancake Day

This morning I met a good friend, Jeff, for National Pancake Day at the greater Toledo area IHOP where Miss Fallen Timbers, Becky Minger, was helping to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network. As I pulled into a parking spot Jeff called, "Just checking where you are Miss, there's a line in here!"
A line? At 10 a.m. on a Tuesday?

Even in the full, colorful restaurant, the beautiful woman with the sparkling crown stood out, as she went to each table explaining CMN and collecting donations in exchange for paper hot air balloons to symbolize support. When Jeff and I purchased our balloons Becky had already collected seventy dollars in about fifteen minutes.

Although it was quite busy and the free pancakes they were giving away must have been lowering the bills, and thus, the tips, the waitstaff was still wonderful. They were so sweet and excited to have Becky there. The photo below includes visiting management from the national IHOP office.

They even brought out a cute griddle and cute guy so she could flip her own cakes. It made for a good photo op, but the griddle didn't get hot enough and the pancake batter eventually morphed into the shape of Micky Mouse instead of cooking ...

Becky has more great pictures on her blog. I should also be getting pictures of Miss Ohio, Karissa Martin, at an IHOP in Cleveland, Miss America, Katie Stam, in Los Angeles and possibly Miss All*American City's Outstanding Teen, Sophie Carter, in Perrysburg.

If you have pictures or news articles of a titleholder helping with National Pancake Day, please email me!

Yikes... 10 a.m. does not look good on me! As my loyal readers have noticed, I'm a night owl; I had actually pulled a college style "all-nighter" Monday night in hopes of tiring myself out and getting back on a normal sleep schedule. In the photo above, and presently, I'm running on zero sleep, coffee and pancakes!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Abby,

    It's me Sarah Eash, Miss Fallen Timbers Outstanding Teen. I just arrived home from IHop (I went in the evening to help out and sell ballons from 7:30 to 9:00pm). As soon as I figure out how to send you some pictures I will get them to you as fast as I can . Becky's pictures were great, hope to see her soon. Please tell her I said hello!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,

    I'm so glad to hear you were also able to participate. I hope the staff and patrons were as sweet to you! If you're able to upload and attach your pictures, you can email them to abbybollenbacher@yahoo.com.

    Thanks!
    Abby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.