Who says pageant message boards are all bad? You could win your favorite contestant a designer gown from Pageant Central, run by the infamous pageant fan and critic, Meemaw. Check it out:
We are proud to announce a new contest where the winner will receive a custom designed evening gown courtesy of JDI Couture!
We're asking all of you to submit an essay on your favorite pageant contestant who is currently competing or planning to compete for Miss America, MAOT, Miss USA or Miss Teen USA. You should explain why she is your favorite contestant and why you think she deserves to win the prize!
This is not a popularity contest. Your favorite contestant does not have to be well-known, she can be someone who is still competing at the local level and would love to have a custom designed gown. It doesn't matter if she is a current state titleholder or a local competitor, Miss Pageant Central will be based on one pageant fan's passion!
All essays will be judged by the moderators of Pageant Central and JDI Couture, and the judging process will be overseen by the accounting firm of Cristina Silva and Associates. The top 5 choices will be posted on the board and everyone will get to pick the winner!
The contestant in the winning essay will receive a custom designed gown by JDI Couture! She will be under no obligation to wear the gown in competition, however JDI Couture is already providing the national gowns for 2 USA and 2 Teen USA state titleholders, so the winner would certainly be getting a gown worthy of wearing! In addition, the author of the winning essay will have their name inscribed in the Miss Pageant Central crown and will be posted, along with a photo of the winning contestant, at the bottom of our board throughout the year!
Thanks to Patricia Gentry for proposing this idea, and to JDI Couture for their generosity! Patricia will serve as host for this contest and we hope everyone will participate. Good luck to all of you and your favorite contestants!
* Any Pageant Central poster may submit an essay for their favorite contestant.
* The contestant can be a current state titleholder or an unknown local competitor.
* Note: Current state titleholders for Miss America are not eligible due to the upcoming pageant date.
* Contestants themselves may not enter.
* BamaMan may not enter himself, Latronda, Sonja Garness, Lauriane Gillieron, Gretchen Polhemus or ObviousMan.
* Each contestant must be participating or planning to participate in a local or state pageant leading to a national pageant for Miss America, Miss America's Outstanding Teen, Miss USA, and Miss Teen USA.
* Current state titleholders for Miss America are not eligible due to the upcoming pageant date.
* Essays must be no more than 500 words.
* Subject: Why your contestant is your favorite and should receive a brand new gown designed just for her.
* Include personal qualities or any related anecdotes about your favorite contestant.
* Entries may be submitted beginning December 12, 2007.
* The deadline for entries will end at noon CST, January 31, 2008.
* All essays must be submitted via email to: email@example.com.
* Any essays posted on the board will be removed to prevent plagiary.
* All essays will be judged by the moderators of Pageant Central and JDI Couture (moderators and JDI Couture not eligible to submit essays).
* The top five entries will be posted to the board where a public vote will determine the winner.
* The winning contestant will be contacted and asked for size, measurements and a photo.
* A custom JDI Couture gown will be made for the contestant. The contestant is not obligated to wear the gown during competition.
* The winning essay author will have their name inscribed in the Miss Pageant Central crown and will be posted, along with a photo of the winning contestant, at the bottom of the board throughout the year.
* Decision of the judges are final.