Saturday, June 13, 2009

Miss Ohio 2009 Contestants by Hometown



Click on the white markers to read the name, title and hometown of each contestant. Note, five women reside in two towns; Heather Waterman and Ellen Bryan are from Celina and three women listed below are from Zanesville. The article below and my insomnia inspired the map above.


2009 pageant has band of 4 familiar faces
By Lou Whitmire
Mansfield News Journal



MANSFIELD — Four of this year’s 24 Miss Ohio contestants hail from southeast Ohio.

...“Jenna crowned Ashleigh, Ashleigh crowned Kylie and Jenna crowned Sasha,” the contestants said almost in unison Friday night in downtown Central Park at the Miss Ohio Festival.

...“It’s just one of those quirky things that happens during some pageant years,” Former Miss Ohio director Jeri Waite said. “You’ll have a bunch of girls who live 20 minutes from each other. You’ll run into pockets of the state where you wouldn’t think you would have that many contestants.

...Lemon, 24, Miss Maple City, already is enjoying herself.

“It’s going to be a monumental experience for me,” Lemon said. “And I like knowing all the girls.”

Johnson, 21, Miss Northeast Ohio, is a violinist.

“I’m excited about performing my talent. I’ve been playing 11 years,” she said.

Making her third trip to the Miss Ohio stage, the 22-year-old Wilson is Miss Lake Erie.

“I’m excited to be back. It’s a great atmosphere and I’m excited to sing my new talent selection, ‘Maybe This Time,’ from the musical, Cabaret,” Wilson said.

Eby, a vocalist, is only 19 but she isn’t nervous.

“I’ve grown up on stage,” the reigning Miss North Coast said.

Miss Heart of Ohio Ashley Warholic, 20, of Ontario, said she is looking forward to the parade.

“I heard it’s going to be a perfect day, and I have a cute outfit and I’ve been looking forward to it the whole time.

“Everything’s been great so far. I moved in Thursday with my host family Robin and Teresa Jakubick,” Warholic said.

Miss Mohican Valley Kristy Moneysmith, 19, of Union City, also is staying with the Jakubicks. Moneysmith was busy signing autographs Friday night.

Miss Mansfield Nanciann Strosnider, 23, of Amelia, is making her fifth appearance on the Miss Ohio stage.

“My favorite part is being in the basement (of the Renaissance Theatre) in the dressing room with all the girls,” Strosnider said. “It’s a time for us to hang out together.”

Note, Stephanie Rodgers, Miss Muskingum Valley would have likely also been included in the article above, as she was crowned in Zanesville and lives in Dresden. However, she will not be competing at Miss Ohio; all I know is that the other contestants were told it was due to "personal reasons."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.