Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Could Jill be the Next Face of FOX Toledo?

Recently FOX Toledo held three open auditions to find a new Face of FOX Toledo… Can you believe it’s been a year already?! Last year the first Face, Leah, was a judge in every phase of the competition, so I am devastated that I haven’t been able to be a part of it thus far due to my car accident. Like everyone else, I have only seen the short audition clips featured online.

Upon checking out the video of the last open audition, I noticed a familiar face. Remember Jill Burkholder, Miss Northwestern Ohio 2003? Check her out
HERE (in the top left video). While Jill is the only pageant woman that I noticed in the videos, I wouldn't be surprised if others auditioned.

Finalist will be notified by tomorrow and posted on the web probably by Friday or Monday. Hopefully I will be able to be a part of the second and third rounds of competition. If Jill, or anyone else I know makes it, I would of course judge impartially. The new Face will be announced around Labor Day and I’ll do everything with them for their first four to six weeks, just like Leah did with me.

4 comments:

  1. Gosh, Abby, that is going to be a difficult one to judge! Best wishes to Jill...just love her and her mom! She would be great! Also, I "eyed" some potential pageant contestants...In Audition 3, contestant #372(a blonde)and last years runner up,#322 Julia Johnston. In Audition 1, I thought that the last girl, a brunette with a white top, reminded me alot of Becky Minger and Miley Cyrus...LOL. Do you know if any of these 3 would be eligible?
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy,

    I do know that Julia just got married but I'm not sure about the other girl. Who's Miley Cyrus?

    Talk to you later,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miley Cyrus is Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter and she has a show on Nick called "Hannah Montana". She is really cute!
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately Jill did not make the cut to the next round. :( I am rather surprised by that, but in exciting news for her I also heard she was pregnant! Congrats to her! I know she’ll be a wonderful mom!

    In other good news, I got back to work today, which felt great, and I will be judging the final two rounds of the Face of FOX Toledo competition. To see the fourteen finalists go to www.myfoxtoledo.com and follow the links.

    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.