Saturday, August 11, 2007

Exciting New Developments!

I’m really excited about some new features I’m working on for this blog! I’m waiting to post them until after the Outstanding Teen Pageant is over, so everything can have it’s due time at the top of the page…

First, I’ve emailed a questionnaire/interview to all the new titleholders; I plan to write a journalistic article about each of the women headed to Miss Ohio this year. For now I’m playing catch-up since there were so many women recently crowned, but as the season progresses I plan to write something as each new titleholder is crowned. I have yet to think of a catchy title for these features. Any ideas?

Also, I’ll be posting a “Pageant Poll of the Week!” I’m so excited about this, I’ve already created several polls, but I think it will be best to evenly spread them out. This idea came to me after I was once again asked by a new contestant which pageants to enter. I gladly gave my opinion, but it’s just that- my opinion. I never competed in half the locals Ohio currently has, so I decided to find a way to get a wider consensus. In the middle of creating my fifth or sixth poll, I realized my subconscious probably influenced the idea since I recently watched and blogged about the new poll-based game show The Power of 10. Oh well, even if the idea isn’t very original, I hope it will be fun and informative.
Here are the polls I’ve already created:

Which Miss Ohio local pageant gives the best scholarship money?
Which Miss Ohio local program shows the most support at Miss Ohio?
Which Miss Ohio local program prepares their contestant best for Miss Ohio?
Which Miss Ohio local pageant has the best non-scholarship prize package?
Which Miss Ohio local pageant offers the best accommodations (food and dressing room) for their local contestants?
For contestants and former contestants only: What is the NUMBER ONE thing you consider(ed) when selecting which pageant(s) to enter?
For contestants and former contestants only: What is the LAST/least important thing you consider(ed) when selecting which pageant(s) to enter?
For contestants only: How are you raising your donations for CMN?
For contestants only: How has the CMN donation effected how much you compete this year?
For contestants only: How do you really feel about the CMN donations?
For contestants only: How do you really feel about the CMN partnership?
For non-contestants: How do you feel about the required CMN donations?
For non-contestants: How do you feel about the CMN partnership?
What was your favorite production number at Miss Ohio this year?
Where should Miss America be held?
What is Miss America?
What cable network would you most like to see Miss America broadcast on?
Titleholder's outfits rarely satisfy the masses, so IF a store would sponsor Miss America or Miss Ohio's appearance wardrobe, which store would you pick?
Based on your experience, where do you find the best competition swimsuits?
What style swimsuit shoe do you think looks best?
What is the best tanning method you have found?
For contestants and formers only: What is your NUMBER ONE diet/fitness regimen a few days before a pageant?
For contestants and formers only: What is the NUMBER ONE food do you look forward to and treat yourself to after a pageant?
As a pageant enthusiast, how much do you rely on the web to get pageant information?
What is your preferred scoring breakdown for the Miss America system?
What is your preferred breakdown of Miss America Finalists?
How do you feel about contestants MySpace and Facebook accounts?
Which phase of competition is your favorite to watch?
For contestants and former contestants only: which phase of competition is/was your favorite to compete in?
Should Miss New Jersey, Amy Polumbo’s crown been taken away for her Facebook pictures?
Should Donald Trump have “fired” Miss USA 2006, Tara Conner, for her admitted alcoholism and partying?
What's your favorite pageant-related movie?
WHO ARE YOU?

Leave a comment if you have an idea for other poll topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.