Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Miss America’s Outstanding Teen: Preliminary Night One

Last night Miss America's Outstanding Teen competition began in Orlando. Ohio is being represented by Ashley Miller, a vocalist and Teenage Abstinence advocate. She competed at the state level as Miss Portsmouth’s Outstanding Teen; CLICK HERE for her official headshot and bio and HERE to view her crowning moment. Last night Ashley competed in Evening Gown; tonight she’ll answer an Onstage Question and model Sportswear and on Friday she will perform her Talent. Best of luck to her!


Last night teens from Louisiana, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania won the first preliminary awards. CLICK HERE for the official Press Release, although the photo below is more informative.


I have to admit, I’m already disappointed! I learned the results last night on the national message board, but a press release with the winners wasn’t on the official website until around 8:30 this morning. The pathetically humorous part is that when I looked at 7 a.m. there was a release announcing the beginning of preliminaries- a release that was not there last night when the message boards were already reporting the winners! I just can’t understand why the official website wouldn’t try to be the leader in information distribution! The internet is all pageant fans really have, yet fans and amateurs like me do a better job than “the officials.”

While I’m ranting… I have to say, I am so sick of the white, teen, poof-ball dresses! Yes, Miss Pennsylvania's Outstanding Teen, Elena LaQuatra, looked beautiful last night, but this dress is so overdone. Check it out below on Katie Blair, Miss Teen USA [left] and Nina Davuluri [right] of Michigan, who wore a similar style last year when she was named First Runner-up at Miss America’s Outstanding Teen.




Sorry... I guess I'm in a bad mood since my annoying animals woke me up at 5 a.m.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.