Monday, July 14, 2008

Miss Universe "Live" Blog - National Costumes

I thought the opening number was weak; none of the contestants looked like they knew what to do and Jerry Springer riding in on a scooter was stupid. Mel B., however, looks great.


Here are the national costumes that struck me, either because they represented the country well, told me something about the country, or I just really liked something about the women. (I am usually not a fan of national costumes that just look like Vegas showgirl-wear, thus Miss USA's absence from my list.)

Albania - Wow, she's undeniably cool and mysterious.

Croatia - Super cute, like a naught Halloween costume!

Egypt - Exactly what I'd expect from this country.

Georgia - Lovely gown.

Korea - Fierce, I don't want to meet her in a dark alley with that sword!

Kosovo - This woman is GORGEOUS!

Mexico - I don't love it, but clearly showcases her countries heritage.

Poland - She's just darn likable.

Puerto Rico - Wow, that pose was crazy!

Serbia - Very cute.

Switzerland - Very Sound of Music. (I know that's Austria, but that's what it reminds me of.)

Venezuela - I give her props for having the courage to wear that thing in her nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.