Saturday, March 28, 2009

Best of Luck to the Miss Greater Butler County Pageant

Sunday evening a new Miss Greater Butler County will be crowned; this is a new title, but fourth year for the pageant, formerly called Miss Hamilton. In this article Executive Director, Jacky Johnson, explains that the name was changed "because complaints were received from residents who thought that contestants had to live in the city."

The pageant will begin at 7 p.m. at Heaven Sent Bridal in Hamilton; visit the website for specifics. I am currently in Ohio and will be attending the pageant with my parents to support a contestant from my hometown. Of course I'll take a camera, but won't likely be able to post pictures until Monday evening.

The outgoing Miss Hamilton is Sophia Davis. She's an energetic dancer who competed three times at Miss Ohio, placing in the Top 10 in 2007 as Miss Miami Valley. I don't know who did her photos, but I love them! She was missed this pageant season, but was busy working in Washington DC as a staff assistant for Senator George Voinovich! Click here for more.

Nine women will compete to become the first Miss Greater Butler County, in the following order:



Rebeka Zoz
was First Runner-up and Swimsuit winner at this pageant last year. She is a vocalist who attends the University of Cincinnati
.





Devon Stansbury is a student at the University of Cincinnati. She is a dancer who advocates the platform "Helping Kids Kope," which aids children of divorce. Previously this season she was Second Runner-up at Miss Lake Festival and competed at Miss Miami Valley.


Kristen Ligouri studies Electronic Media at the University of Cincinnati. I think she's a vocalist and this is her first local this year, but she competed in this pageant and Miss Miami Valley last year, as well as a few pageants in the 06 - 07 season.


Hollie Hongosh attends Wittenberg University where she studies International Relations and French. She sings opera and promotes the platform "bringing the world home." Previously this season she was Second Runner-up and Talent winner at both Miss Maple City and Miss Bay Village.




Lynette
Moorehead is a Cincinnati native, studying at Asbury College / Miami University. I believe she is a gymnast.







Brooke Singleton
is a graduate of Wright State University. At the 2009 American Co-ed she was Second Runner-up to the "Victory Queen."







Hope Smalls
studies History at the University of Dayton, with aspirations in the field of Law. Judging from her photo, she's a pianist. Hope competed at Miss Miami Valley this fall and Miss Ohio USA in 2007.





Emily Valandingham
is a Law student at Capitol University. She received a Journalism/Pre-law/Political Science undergrad from Ohio State University, where she wrote for The Lantern. Emily has dance and cheerleading experience, but I found no record of previous pageant activity.




Sarah Begley

Do you know her?
Facebook, Google and I don't.







The outgoing Miss Butler County's Outstanding Teen, Olivia Yokers, placed Fourth Runner-up to Miss Ohio's Outstanding Teen. She is a vocalist who advocates "Music for Hope." Click here to learn more about Olivia. Eight teens will compete for Olivia's title, but I only know of two: Stormee McHargue and Emilee Lowe.

Stormee is a clogger who competed in 2007 for Lake Erie's Teen, the teen pageant at the Marion Popcorn Pageant in 2008 and was Fourth Runner-up to the Junior Teen Queen title at Ohio's National American Miss.

Emilee was First Runner-up to Miss Portsmouth Outstanding Teen this fall; she also competed for Miss MV/AAC/FT Teen, Miss Ohio Teen USA 2009 and Ohio's National American Miss.

Best of luck to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. This is Sarah Begley and I thought it was intersting you couldn't find me on facebook. If you want a background, I'm an 18 year old senior at Badin High School. I'm in concert band and swimming. I will be attending UC next year for Radiology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, thanks for the info!

    I think I found multiple people with your name on Facebook, all of whom gave very limited info, so I didn't know which, if any, were you. Not being easily found online is actually safer, especially since you're still in high school. :)

    Last night I edited the pictures I took and I have to say, you are so photogenic! With a little bit of practice, I think you could do very well if you choose to compete again!

    -Abby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.