Thursday, June 7, 2007

Sunday I briefly interviewed Miss Northwestern Ohio, Becky Minger, during FOX Toledo’s broadcast of the Children’s Miracle Network Celebration. My job at the station is not as a reporter, but given my pageant experience and the irony that I asked Becky to join my CMN Hospital tour without knowing that she had already contacted them about participating in the Celebration, it made sense for me to be on camera with her. She did a great job.











[Above Becky and I pose with my co-host at The Docks, FOX Toledo’s Chief Meteorologist, Mike Morrison.]

Also, check out
Miss Maple City, Roberta Camp and Miss Clayland, Allie Krucek's blogs for photos of their CMN Celebration involvement in Columbus and Akron.


While Becky and I were at The Docks for the Celebration, Miss All*American City, Lauren Hogan, was just across the Maumee River in downtown Toledo for the Heart Walk. If you’re saying, “but I didn’t think that was her platform…” stop scratching your head. While her platform is not directly associated with the AHA, it does support overall health and wellness, thus her participation.












[Above on the right Lauren poses with brothers who both had to have heart transplants and on the left, Miss Ohio United Nations.]

3 comments:

  1. Becky is looking really nice!!! Best wishes, Becky! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, doesn't she! I usually try to avoid posting photos with people who look so much better than me...LOL... but I couldn't deny sharing this. We were outside in humid, pre-storm weather, which ruined my hair and make-up; I don't know how she stayed so flawless! I'm sure she'll do fabulous again this year at Miss Ohio. She's already doing the job.

    Best of luck to all the ladies!

    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I have to say it...even though I have my favs that I am closer to that I would love to win the Miss Ohio crown, I just have a feeling about Becky this year! I think she is a really sweet and beautiful young lady with great parents and I would be proud to have her represent my state at Miss America!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.