Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Roommate, Leah, is the New Host of Mahalo Daily!

I am so excited for my roommate, who after a very tedious audition process/contest, has been chosen to cohost Mahalo Daily. Mahalo.com is human-powered search engine; Mahalo Daily creates webisodes in the genre of edu-tainment.

The Top Six finalist had to create a Mahalo episode, on a Mahalo-esq topic of their choosing. CLICK HERE for Leah's.

Having proven their hosting skills, the Top Two had to create a "viral video" to test their creativity. That's kind of an oxymoron because viral videos are those crazy things that take off randomly and end up getting a gazillion YouTube views, despite usually being pointless and recorded in someones bedroom on a webcam. An example of a viral video is the "leave Brittany alone" she-male. TIME even lists Miss South Carolina Teen USA's train wreck of an onstage question as the number three viral video of the year!

So, as you can see, purposely creating a viral video is a lot of pressure. Leah's competition did a Guitar Hero training montage that basically showed off her body. Leah's video has actually gotten 104,069 views on YouTube in three days!

She did a parody of Mariah Carey's "Touch My Body" video, featuring her now-cohost, Lon Harris. It is laugh-out-loud funny! CLICK HERE to watch it and give her even more views.

That's our apartment and the pink and black pillows are mine. :)

This reminds me, I had wanted to mention back with all the Facebook drama that ladies should listen to Mariah's lyrics:

If there's a camera up in here
Then it's gonna leave with me
When I do (I do)
If there's a camera up in here
Then I'd best not catch this flick
On YouTube (YouTube)
'Cause if you run your mouth and brag
About this secret rendezvous
I will hunt you down
'Cause baby I'm up in my bidness
Like a Wendy interview
But this is private
Between you and I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.