Thursday, January 17, 2008

Lauren Nelson Wins $175,000 for the Miss America Program!

Tonight on "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader" Miss America, Lauren Nelson, earned $175,000! That's huge! I am surprised, but happy that her earnings do not go to CMN, but rather the Miss America Scholarship program.

The suit she wore was awful and has been seen on her before, but otherwise she looked stunning and exuded a wonderful personality.

Obviously, since she didn’t win the million she did get some questions wrong, but I don’t think she embarrassed herself too badly, which was a concern. Her losing question was, who said “Give me liberty or give me death?” The answer is Patrick Henry, which I’ll admit that I didn’t know. Nor did I know the solar system question that she missed; although I don’t think she should have had to use "a cheat" about the existence of both genders of lady bugs!

3 comments:

  1. Don't you mean "embarrass" instead of "embrace?" If you're going to insult Miss America, make sure you do it flawlessly. Otherwise, keep your snide opinions to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's an interesting follow-up...does anyone know what become of Patrick Henry after he made that statement?

    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, thank you for catching that. I did mean embarrass… Obviously that was a case of my Word document auto-correcting with the wrong word and since I knew what I had meant, I read past it.

    I would normally stop there, but I guess I’m in a bit of a mood, because I can’t help but further remind you that this is a blog. If you’re not interested in other people’s opinions, snide or otherwise, perhaps you shouldn’t read a blog. Not to mention the fact that even the most devoted Miss America fans were likely watching the show with bated breath because it could have easily been a disaster! Game shows are difficult, especially for a young woman who is trying to repair the tarnished reputation of all beauty queens.

    Anyway… Nancy, my only guess is that he went on to have several high schools named after him. :) What else?

    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Your contribution will be moderated before it appears on the blog.